Assists in the in the management of The Inn/Ranch at Death Valley kitchen. Reports directly to the Inn/Ranch Chef. Responsible for back-of-the-house operations, including overseeing food production and kitchen utilities.Responsibilities
- Manage various shifts in the Inn/Ranch Kitchen.
- Coordinate and ensure adequate and timely food production and quality.
- Control food and labor costs within in proper guidelines.
- Provide leadership as well as train and develop all Inn back of the house staff.
- Must be able to work within a flexible work schedule, as schedule may include mornings, evenings, weekends, and/or holidays.
- Maintain a high level of cleanliness within the kitchen and ensure safe food handling practices.
- Involved with scheduling, F&B inventories, and Foodtrak.
- Regularly attend weekly F&B meetings.
- Management functions include but are not limited to employee relations; conflict resolution; skills training; staff meetings; and work safety/food safety training.
- Responsible for ensuring that all employees are aware of the Ecometrix Policy, Xanterraâ€™s company-wide Environmental Management System (EMS) and their roles and responsibilities in achieving conformance to the policy.
- Responsible for additional management and/or related duties assigned by the company.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Preferred two years supervisory/management experience in a restaurant and/or hospitality kitchen, in multi-unit F&B operations.
- Ability and/or experience with controlling labor and food costs.
- Knowledge of restaurant operations, inventories, volume food preparations & sanitation
- General computer knowledge and ability to learn Foodtrak.
- Leadership skills with ability to prioritize, multi-task and be accountable for duties & projects.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Valid driver's license.
- Must be able to lift 30 pounds.
- Physical abilities to include: lifting, carrying, bending, walking, standing, stooping, and turning.