Youth Support Coordinator
Primary Location: OH-OHCleveland-HR/OH Cleveland NT
Function:Direct Support Professional (Care Givers)
The Youth Support Coordinator provides assistance to individuals served with behavioral and living skills, behavioral health goals and interventions, family visitations, doctor and medical appointments, in accordance with an Individual Treatment Plan. The Coordinator will work with staff members and foster families to ensure adherence of the client’s Treatment Plans.
Provides assistance to individuals served with living skills development, behavioral health goals and interventions, family visitation, doctor and like appointments, and behavioral development in accordance with an Individual Treatment Plan. Work with staff and foster families to ensure that the client’s Treatment Plans are met.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential function listed below.
- Provides training, assistance and/or supervision to individuals in the areas of community and social integration, and/or behavioral health skills development.
2. Once trained, functions as a Qualified Mental Health Specialist (QMHS) by:
a. Received training or education in mental health competencies and who have demonstrated, prior to or within ninety days of hire, competencies in basic mental health skills along with competencies established by the agency, and who are not otherwise designated as providers or supervisors, and who are not required to perform duties covered under the scope of practice according to Ohio professional licensure.
b. Basic mental health competencies for QMHSs shall include, at a minimum:
An understanding of mental illness, psychiatric symptoms, and impact on functioning and behavior.
ii. How to therapeutically engage a mentally ill person.
iii. Concepts of recovery/resiliency.
iv. Crisis response procedures.
v. An understanding of the community mental health system.
vi. De-escalation techniques.
vii. Understanding how his/her behavior can impact the behavior of individuals with mental illness.
3. Establishes a therapeutic relationship with the individual receiving services to ensure effective guidance, support and service delivery. Ensures objectives are met in accordance with the Individual Treatment Plan
4. Provides transportation for individual(s) receiving services to planned and/or necessary activities and appointments including operating vans and/or mini vans as required.
5. Maintains current progress and service notes. Completes and submits required documentation to direct supervisor in accordance with any applicable policies and deadlines.
6. Provides direct supervisor with verbal feedback and data relevant to the individual’s services, Service Plan or administrative policy.
7. Attends training and other meetings as required.
8. Reports incidents of maltreatment, medical and behavioral concerns in accordance with MENTOR policy.
9. Maintains confidentiality, respects human rights and practices universal precautions in accordance with The MENTOR Network policy
10. Performs other related duties and activities as required.
Minimum Knowledge and Skills required by the Job:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or abilities required to perform the job.
Education and Experience:
High school diploma or equivalent required. Six months of experience in human services preferred. Prefer the candidate to be 21 years of age.
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations Required:
Valid driver’s license in good standing. Car registration and vehicle insurance if providing transportation for individuals receiving services. All state required training and certification completed in mandated timeframes.
Blood Borne Pathogen Category:
Job requires performance of duties that involve potential for exposure to blood, body fluids, or tissues. Tasks that do involve exposure are an expectation of employment.
AMERICAN WITH DISABILITY STATEMENT
External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled, must be able to perform the essential job functions either unaided or with assistance of a reasonable accommodations to be determined on a case by case basis
Come join our team of dedicated and caring professionals. Apply Today!