Youth Support Specialist
Primary Location: NJ-NJSomerset-4 Tall Oaks Rd
Function:Direct Support Professional (Care Givers)
New Jersey MENTOR
New Jersey MENTOR is seeking a Residential Youth Counselor (Youth Support Specialist). The purpose of youth support services is to provide behavioral health counseling, training, and direct support to address the functional/daily or social skills for youth with developmental disabilities, substance abuse history and/or emotional or behavioral challenges. We have a range of settings in which we provide these services. As a Youth Support Specialist, or Residential Counselor, you will inspire hope and empower lives.
- Orient youth within 24 hours of program admission.
- Provide training, assistance and/or supervision to youth in the areas of daily living, personal care, financial management, community and social integration and/or job skills development.
- Establish a therapeutic relationship with the youth receiving services to ensure effective guidance, direct support and service delivery.
- Attend monthly treatment plan meeting(s).
- Provide weekly pre-vocational skills and Lifeskills training.
- Provide support to youth, to ensure objectives are met in accordance with the Service Plan.
- Coordinating, organizing and/or assisting with household activities such as light housekeeping and meal preparation may be required.
- May provide transportation for youth receiving services, planned and/or necessary activities and appointments.
- Maintain current progress and service notes and any other appropriate documentation in accordance with The MENTOR Network policy, program and New Jersey state statutes.
- Complete and submit all required documents.
- Provide supervisor with feedback and data relevant to day-to-day human/social services, Service Plans or administrative policy.
- Actively attend and participate in multi-disciplinary team meetings as required.
- Attend training and other meetings as mandated.
- Maintain confidentiality, respect human rights and practice universal precautions in accordance with The MENTOR Network policy.
What we require of you:
- High School Diploma with at least 3 years’ of verifiable experience working with At-Risk Youth;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services, Social Services, Criminal Justice or Psychology with 1 year experience.
- Must have a valid driver’s license in good standing
- Must have verifiable experience providing service to teens ages 10-18 with emotional, medical, and behavioral challenges
- CPR/First Aid certification is a plus
- Successful clearance of local and/or state background checks
- Successful clearance of 2-3 professional references
- All hires will be required to attend a two week orientation: Monday through Friday
- Starting pay rate of $12.98 per hour
- Full, Part-time, or per diem positions available with a variety of schedules
- A rewarding work environment with a chance to make a difference in the lives of youth and families on a daily basis
- Family-oriented environment, casual dress, employee events
- Competitive pay rates, paid time off, and benefits for 30+ hour work week
- Paid training; Holiday pay
- Career development, and advancement opportunities throughout the nation-wide Network
- A dynamic work environment where no day is ever the same
New Jersey MENTOR is a partner of The MENTOR Network, a national network of local human services providers offering quality, community-based services. With ~30,000 employees serving ~30,000 individuals in 36 states, you'll have career opportunities from coast to coast. When you join The MENTOR Network, you’ll make a difference every day and help to provide quality of life enhancing services to individuals across the country.
Come join our team of dedicated and caring professionals. Apply Today!