Do you want to work in the Rockville, MD area? Do you want great benefits working for a rapidly growing national healthcare organization? Then join our team!
We are seeking experienced Senior Direct Support Professionals (DSP), Caregivers, Direct Care Staff, Home Health Aides to work with youth–fantastic opportunity for professional growth, while making a difference!
The ideal candidate must have prior experience working with individuals/youth with disabilities, particularly individuals with challenging behaviors. We are looking for someone who is calm, patient, and can provide a safe and supportive environment for our individuals.
Starting Rate: $15/hour
Youth Worker Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field preferred, High School Diploma/GED required.
- 2+ years’ experience working in Home Health or Direct Care experience, preferably with individuals with disabilities.
- Prior experience working with challenging behaviors.
- Minimum 1 year of experience working with youth/teens.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
Responsibilities of a Senior Direct Support Professional:
- Work with youth that require more intensive support – requires a caregiver with an advanced level of knowledge and experience.
- Assist individuals with their daily living skills and independent community skills.
- Complete all in-house documentation: maintain current case notes, and monthly reports of our individual's progress.
- Assist with overseeing consumers funds.
- Administer medication(s) and complete appropriate documentation.
- Accompany intensive-need individuals to and from appointments and activities.
Why Community Options? -->
- Competitive Insurance Options (Medical, Dental, Vision).
- Paid Holidays—Including a Birthday Holiday!
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO).
- Employee Incentive & Discount Programs.
- 403b Retirement Plan.
- Exceptional Career Growth Opportunities.
- Great coworkers/team that support you!
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact the friendly staff at our office!
Phone Number: 301-656-3997
If interested, please click Apply Now or send resume to: Resumes-MD@comop.org
Please Visit Our Website to Complete an Online Application!
Community Options is an Equal Opportunity Employer